Thanks for being patient while my posts are a little erratic these days. Insert-ridiculous-excuse-here. So, here’s a big all-at-once update.
This Memorial Day weekend, we celebrated the hubby’s birthday and took the little guy to the park. He just absolutely looooooved the swings and thought it was hilarious. It’s probably our last chance to get to the park before the triple digits hit (I am NOT excited), so I suspect many front-lawn playpool days are ahead of us!
Right now, I’m reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing and I’m absolutely obsessed. Obsessed! I never thought I’d buy a book about “cleaning” but since it’s a bestseller and, let’s face it, the title really just screamed at me I figured I’d give it a go. If you have any kind of clutter in your life you’re looking to tame, just buy the book. I love how she separates emotional attachments to our objects and explains how there’s no reason to feel guilty about purging when items you own have already fulfilled their purpose. That’s one of the things I personally struggle with the most–admitting whether or not something has fulfilled its purpose and not feeling guilty for letting things go.
The best way to choose what to keep and what to throw away is to take each item in one’s hand and ask: “Does this spark joy?” If it does, keep it. If not, dispose of it.”
The weekend before last, we did our first trip sans baby to Oceanside, CA. for a friend’s wedding. I never get sick of trips to Cali since the weather is just beyond perfect all the time and it was really, really nice to get away.
My other obsession at the moment is the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale where items are up to 40% off. Squeal! I’ve been posting a few deals up on my Facebook page this past week and here are a few more I’m totally crushing on:
This Splendid Dolman Sleeve Top, which is 40% off right now. Tops like this with jeans and great accessories are my uniform as of late. This Taylor Lace Fit & Flare Dress is perfect for that summer wedding. This Sam Edelman “Turner” Wedge is the perfect neutral. This cute layered necklace is just $9. That’s cheaper than Target, friends! For a good splurge, check out this Jimmy Choo “Large Alfie” Leopard Print Calf Hair & Leather Handbag, which is 40% off right now! And this Kate Spade “Lucca Drive” tote is totally classic and just gorgeous.
There’s also new Joie store that just opened up at Scottsdale Quarter that you should go check out!
Hope you also had a splendid Memorial Day weekend!
In the days of Pinterest and Etsy, the traditional cake toppers are out and cute/handcrafted ones are in! This week, check out these 10 unique and totally cute wedding cake topper ideas.
1. Don’t forget the dog! Four legged friends are a part of the family so you might as well add them to your cake!
2. Make it a theme! Match your cake topper to your wedding, and these birds make the right touch.
3. Throw your name on it! Why keep your name only on the program?
4. Say it with love.
5. I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs… and let’s eat some cake!
6. If you’re a bird… I’m a bird. What’s more romantic than a Nicholas Sparks cake topper? Sign me up!
7. Shout it from the cake tops! Marrying your BFF is a big deal, so make it ‘cake official’.
8. Always dreamt of a fairytale wedding? Say it with your cake!
9. Say it with a hashtag! This is a great way to make your day go viral.
10. Mix up the typical standing couple! This topper keeps the traditional look of a two person look.
Will you try any of these?