I’ve been wanting to start a monthly beauty favorites series for a LONG time. There’s too many good things NOT to share with you guys and sometimes (here comes my lame excuse) life just gets busy. This month, I’ve been living and breathing with these 6 beauty must-haves. Hope you love them as much as I do!
1. Marc Jacobs Blush in Irresistible
I had a chance to try out some of the Marc Jacobs makeup collection not long ago, and the Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush in Irresistible has become a go-to fave. It’s got a nice, bronzy tint that’s flattering on most skin types and goes on silky.
2. Natura Bissé High Density Lift
This, like Clé de Peau Beauté La Crème, is one of those pricey beauty buys I really, really wanted to hate. But I don’t. In fact, I just love, love LOVE this stuff! If you’re going to splurge on a luxurious face cream this fall, you’ll want to go for Natura Bisse High Density Lift, which will cost you about $290 for 1.7 oz.
Not ready to pony up that much money? I don’t blame you. But, here’s the thing: Natura Bissé High Density Lift eliminates the appearance of wrinkles, expression lines, restores youthfullness, lifts and plumps the face. I’ll let the source further explain:
- PDGF-REMODELING COMPLEX HIGH DENSITY LIFT is formulated with a revolutionary ingredient used for the very first time in a cosmetic formula, a polypeptide obtained through biotechnology that helps the skin look tightened, lifted and younger.
- DUAL HYALURONIC ACID HIGH DENSITY LIFT incorporates a synergistic combination of very low molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid with cross-linked high molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid. Through the powerful action of both molecules, this innovative treatment provides an extraordinary appearance of suppleness and volume to the skin and the look of plump, youthful skin. The Hyaluronic Acid included in the formula also contains spectacular moisturizing properties.
I must add, the formula itself is just fantastic and feels so luxurious when you apply it on the skin. Definitely visit your local Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman or Barney’s counter for a sample and try it out a few days for yourself. The application itself is also key to this product since you do need to apply it in an upward motion.
3. Maybelline Volum’ Express Rocket Mascara
My friends that know me know that I swear by Maybelline Volum’ Express Colossal Mascara. DiorShow be damned, nothing, NOTHING beats this $6 tube of mascara. It’s thick, gooey and makes your lashes oh-so-sexy. (I do love me some DiorShow, but find it dries just way too quickly. And, it’s $20.)
I don’t tend to experiment with other mascara brands because I’m always disappointed, but I do jump at the chance to play with the new Maybelline ones that come out and their new Rocket Mascara is very, very lovely. It makes my lashes long and totally sexy. My one complaint? You do need eye makeup remover to take this one off, unlike their other formulas. But, it has some seriously great staying power and currently in my daily mix.
4. Pulleez Hair Ties
These fasteners are actually hair ties made to add a bit of sparkle to your hair and not break your ends. I was actually more than surprised at how much I liked Pulleez Ponytail Holder when I tried them out. You can find them online and shops like Nordstrom, too and range from $14 and up!
5. Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo
I picked up the Fekkai Technician Color Care Starter Kit a few weeks ago and loved it so much, I went back for more! I love the scent and how amazingly soft this formula makes my hair.
6. Almay CC Cream
I barely got a chance to jump on the BB bandwagon when CC creams came out. And I tried a few. But this Almay Smart Shade CC Cream is the absolute best. It doesn’t go on greasy or too matte and has some pretty good staying power. Plus, there’s SPF 35 and other great benefits like helping diminish imperfections, dark spots, pores, fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration. Oh, and did I mention it’s less than $10?? Yes! It’s much lighter than many foundations but has a bit more coverage than your typical tinted moisturizer. I use it and then dust on Urban Decay Surreal Skin Loose Mineral Powder on top to set the look.
Like this post? Please share the love!