Ready to brace the crowds for Black Friday shopping? Better yet, do you know what to wear Black Friday shopping?
While I’m not personally one to stand outside in the freezing cold for hours just to save a few bucks, I can totally understand the need to score some big-ticket items. Or at least snag some savings on some holidays gifts you have your eye on.
So other than shopping the ads in advance and preparing a shopping strategy, you can be prepared by dressing the part.Here are a few looks that are stylish, practical and will have you in and out of the dressing room in a flash.
What to Wear Black Friday Shopping
Why This Works: It’s all about the layers! It’s super cold in the a.m. but will be heating up by noon so think of items that are easy to take on and off as the day heats up.
Style Tip: Swap out the lace sneakers for a slip-on pair for an easier time in the dressing room.
Shop the Look
Some helpful do’s and don’ts on what to wear Black Friday Shopping:
- Don’t wear sneakers. Not that you would. I trust you better than that. But just in case, you’ll want to keep in mind that when you’re trying on clothes, having to stop and tie your laces all the time is a total pain in the …
- Do bring a sweater. It’s cold. Yes, even in AZ. A light cardigan that can be easily layered vs. something you have to pull on and off over your head would be ideal.
- Don’t carry a clutch. Or a satchel or any other bag that doesn’t handles you can sling over shoulder. Think: Cross-body bag. They are your shopping best friend!
- Do wear flats. Or riding boots or whatever comfortable shoe you prefer. Sandals, Chucks, this season’s loafer or boat shoes are also comfy and stylish picks. (Except sneakers of course, see above.)
- Don’t wear a dress. Besides the fact that it’s cold, it’s totally inconvenient to not have pants on when you’re trying on tops. No one wants to see you in a Lady Gaga sweater+panties outfit.
- Mind your undergarments. This is shopping rule No. 1 gals! You should always be in nude-tone undergarments, strapless bra preferred. Why? It goes with any outfit you’re trying on.
What’s your go-to outfit for a day of crazy shopping? Do you hit the stores on Black Friday?