Who doesn’t like french fries? Too bad it’s hard to eat them without an avalanche of guilt coming on immediately after. I’m a total sucker for good truffle fries. Modern Steak and Zinc Bistro make some of my favorites. But it isn’t hard to make some tasty fries at home. And since this recipe for parmesan garlic fries is oven-baked, it cuts the fat in half. Enjoy!
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (about 5 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, tossing to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
- Place butter and garlic in a large nonstick skillet, and cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, parsley, and Parmesan cheese to pan; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe: Cooking Light