For a minute there, I was almost hosting Easter Brunch this weekend and in my mild panic realized I had no idea what to cook. As it turns out, I’m off the hook for this year but in my hasty search for some recipes to spruce up otherwise average side dishes, I came across this easy, healthy green bean casserole recipe which is absolutely delish. Odds are, you already have all the ingredients you need right in your fridge.
- 2 pound(s) green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cup(s) fresh bread crumbs, made from 5 slices country bread
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook green beans on stovetop for five minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl of ice water. Blot dry.
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Remove garlic from heat, then toss in green beans, butter and bread crumbs. Transfer to oven-safe dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!