Dishes that are easy to make+delicious are really some of my favorite kind. Which is why pasta is a pretty common dish around my house, and this one is one of my faves:
It can be cooked in under 15 minutes, and I tend to experiment with what I have around the house for fresh ingredients. This one was made with shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and basil. Some fresh mozzarella is great for this recipe too.
- 1 lb Penne
- 3 Large tomatoes
- 2 Cups fresh spinach
- 1 Cup fresh basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 oz. Mushrooms
- 12-18 Large shrimp
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water after draining.
- Saute fresh spinach with garlic and olive oil. Set aside.
- Saute fresh mushrooms on low heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Saute shrimp in olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic over medium low heat.
- In empty pasta pot, add chopped tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of butter and basil. Let simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Toss shrimp, mushrooms, spinach and any remaining olive oil juice in pasta pot.
- Add pasta and toss together. Salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add remaining pasta water liquid. Garnish with fresh basil and fresh mozzarella.