On June 7, these lovely ladies threw hubby and I a beautiful Baby-Q. It was a guys and gals afternoon of food, drinks and celebrating Baby Srdic. If you’re thinking about having a couple’s get together for your baby shower, I’d definitely recommend it. There really is no reason to leave the guys out of the fun! The decor was all baby, but we had plenty of beer, burgers and music to entertain the gents. I’m not huge on baby shower games so we kept it low key with a fun station where people could write us funny messages for those late-night diaper changes. We’re very lucky to have such great friends to celebrate these life moments with!
As for my outfit, this was my first time ordering from Rent the Runway and I was so pleased! I figured it was somewhat of a risk to order a dress 7.5 months pregnant, but I’ve been wearing lots of non-maternity maxi dresses and since they send you two sizes, I took the plunge. Plus, you can read plenty of reviews and see photos of girls who have rented the dress before and that gives you a pretty good idea of how it will fit you. The dress was so beautiful and shimmery in person and I ordered a pair of matching earrings to go with it. I could have gotten the long since my bump shortened it a bit but it ended up looking great with a pair of beautiful flat sandals. I would absolutely order from Rent the Runway again for a special occasion.
And speaking of special occasions, stay tuned for photos of my family baby shower! I’ll be posting all about the girly affair soon.
That Summer Look
Whether your summer is your thing, or if it’s really that time you need a vacation. Heck, we all need a vacation! Anyway, these summer months usually mean taking it easy. With our style, and with our schedules. But just in case you need a little bit of inspiration to keep the summer blues away, this week we have some wonderful links for you!
Links a la Mode: July 17th
- Anonymous Beauty Blogger: 5 Unwritten Rules of Blogging
- Attire Club: How to Buy Smartphone and Tablet Cases for Men
- Buy Any Means Necessary: 5 Must-Have Apps for Fashionistas
- Craft with Cheese: 2 Easy DIY Ankle Chains
- Confessions of a Style Cookie: Zuhair Murhad Resort 15: Desert Princesses
- DressCode:HighFashion: Atelier Swarovski & Viktor & Rolf
- Fashion Moriarty: The Silent Protest of Apparel
- Happy Pretty Sweet: A Brief History of the Jelly Shoe
- Ms.Fabulous: Remembering Eileen Ford
- Petite Fille Modele: 5 Tips for Photographing Products
- The B Team: How to Make an Ugly Dress into a Cute One
- The Daily Luxe: How to Rock an Off-The Shoulder Look
- The Rivaux: Where to Start When Starting a Fashion Book Collection
- The Stilettosaurus: On Writing: In Conversation with Devapriya Roy
- Trend Survivor: 7 Rules for Wearing All White
- Sly on The Wall: Kowtows Play on Light
- Storybook Apothecary: Punk Rock Bad Girl Style
- Style Sizzle: Pregnancy and the “F” Word
- We Are Ready Made: Fire Walks With Kenzo
- Wild Beauty: Permanent Hair Removal At Home?
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: