It seems that lately, backyard/outdoor weddings are all the craze. Here are five tips for chic backyard weddings that are sure to impress every guest.
5 Tips for a Chic Backyard Wedding
Just because you have your wedding in a backyard, doesn’t mean it can’t be fabulous! In fact, sometimes something simple and elegant is far nicer than an over-the-top affair. Here are some ideas on how to have your own beautiful backyard wedding.
- Instead of traditional tables, why not add benches! Make it one long table and let your guests pick where to sit.
- Add a little outdoor vibe to your cake. Place your cake on top of a tree platter and make it really stand out.
- Gotta have some room to dance! Make a makeshift dance floor outside.
- Make a new meaning to family tree. Add a little personalization to your wedding and have wedding photos from both sides of the family displayed.
- A floral alter is the perfect addition to any outdoor wedding. Incorporate flowers from your wedding to make it extra meaningful.
What are some of the chic things you have seen at a backyard wedding?
I am totally guilty of buying things just because they’re on sale. And then, they hang in the closet. And hang… in the closet. This particular “offender” was this Romeo & Juliet Couture zebra-print card I picked up at Last Call Neiman Marcus. It’s light, easy to layer and (maybe?) something I should bring into the rotation much more often.
Also, I’m absolutely obsessed with these Articles of Society tuxedo striped jeans. They’re so flattering, so comfortable, have just the right amount of stretch and are totally cheap, too!